CoveIdentity ('Cove',‘we’ or ‘us’) that offers ‘Cove Identity’ (mobile app) which enable you to digitize, securely store and share your most important data with anyone around the world. Please understand that you agree to our Terms of Service by installing our app ‘Cove Identity’, its features and services.
If you do not agree to these Terms, you shall not download, install, register, use the app, or if you have already downloaded the app then you must stop accessing the service and you must uninstall or remove the app immediately.
Services we provide
When you do the complete sign-up process, by clicking the ‘register’ or ‘sign-up’ buttons, by using the app or otherwise, it indicates acceptance of these terms, you represent that:
- You have full legal capacity to agree, obligate yourself to these terms and you are not prohibited under any applicable laws from to do so,
- You understand English, have read, understood and accepted these terms stated herein.
- You will use the app in accordance with these Terms and conditions.
In order to use the app, you need to complete registration or sign up process. When you sign-up for the app, you must:
2. Age: The service rendered by the app has no purpose to be used by anyone who does not
authority to agree to our Terms of Service. By agreeing to these Terms, you are implying to
that you are over 13 (or greater age as required by your country or authorized to use our
without parental approval) . In case, you are not old enough to have the authority to agree
Terms in your country, then your parents or guardian must agree to our Terms on your behalf.
3. Address Book: In order to provide you service, you give access to your address book in
You confirm that you are authorized to provide us such numbers.
As long as you are using our services, you agree to download and install updates of our app
‘Cove identity’, including automatically.
Ownership and security of your content
- You are in possession and full ownership of your files, folders, including their metadata (filename, thumbnails, etc.) and any information you submit to Cove Identity with your own will.
- We do not claim any ownership to any of your content. These terms do not allow us any rights to your data or intellectual property except for the following limited rights that are needed to provide you better service.
- CoveIdentity states that your data, encryption key and password including your encrypted content uploaded by you or otherwise to the app Cove Identity, are stored in an encrypted form. Your data can only be decrypted by people you agree to share content with. However, you agree that Cove Identity can store limited information to provide you better service, like contact information, your email address, messages sent to our support team etc. in an unencrypted form. We need to have access to your personal details (like name, email id, number) to administer the service, for example we need your email id to send you notifications.
Security and Your responsibility
- The team at Cove Identity use strong end-to-end algorithms to protect your data and we do not have access to your encrypted content. Due to encryption, your responsibility increases comparative to other apps that you use. You expressly take the responsibility, stated in these Terms.
- You are solely responsible for any content you upload, download, share or copy using Cove Identity.
You hereby agree and undertake:
- To respect data of third parties protected by copyright, patent, trademarks, or other intellectual property (protected content)
- Not to upload, download, share, or copy protected content or to use the app otherwise with any protected content,
- Not to upload a virus, trojan or any malicious code or software,
- No to use the app to share any unlawful, harassing, defamatory, racist, indecent, abusive, threatening, violent, harmful, intimidating, offensive, vulgar or otherwise objectionable content or material of any kind or nature,
- To comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations,
- Not to use the app for any illegal purposes.
- You understand that you are responsible and liable when you use the share functions of the app Cove Identity and share the content. We warn you and you understand that you know that the shared content can be decrypted by shared users. So always consider what you share and with whom you share before you share confidential information with other people. Do carefully check the name, phone number of the person before share any content. In case, you type wrong name or phone number, an unknown and undesired user might get access to your data. However, the access can be revoked immediately.
- Do not accept share request, files or any other content from users you do not know or you do not trust. Cove Identity has no responsibility for actions of persons you share your data with. In particular, Cove Identity is not liable for malware you receive from users you chose to share with.
- Cove Identity has no control over what content is being stored and shared by its users using the app. We are not responsible for the accuracy, completeness, appropriateness or legality of files, user posts or any other information you may access while using the app.
- You must keep your pin confidential and must not share it with anyone to use the app on your behalf. You are solely responsible for all activities with regard to your account.
- Cove Identity never sends emails or text to ask for your pin,
- You agree that you are responsible to maintain, protect, update, secure and take backup of your encryption keys.
Cove Identity RightsLogo, design, graphics, domain names and other files related to Cove Identity are protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws and owned by CoveIdentity. None of the content may be used, modified, distributed, published without prior permission from CoveIdentity.
Software and User license
- Cove Identity grants you a license to use the app in accordance with these terms.
- Going by these terms, you may download, install and take benefit from using the functionality of the licensed software.
- You agree if you override these Terms, your license to use the app is automatically revoked.
You may not:Remove or modify any documentation included or embedded in any part of app, Analyze, disassemble, reverse engineer, or otherwise attempt to hamper the source code of the app.
- You are allowed to uninstall the app any time using your phone.
Updates and Changes to service
- Cove Identity in all its capacity has the right to add new features, to modify or discontinue features, anytime,
- If Cove identity makes any changes that would be of importance or affect users, then Cove identity will notify you in due time prior the changes would take place.
- Cove identity has right to make changes which would not affect users without prior notice.
- You understand that it's your responsibility to keep the app up to date. You agree that if you do not update the app, then certain features may cease to be available.
You agree that you use our app at your own risk and subject to the following disclaimers. We are providing our services on an “as is” basis without any express or implied warranties, including, but not limited to, warranties of merchantability, fitness for particular purpose, title, non-infringement, and freedom from computer virus or other harmful code. We do not warrant that any information provided by us is accurate, complete or useful, that our services will be operational, error free, secure or safe, or that our services will function without disruption, delays or imperfections. We do not control, and are not responsible for, controlling how or when our users use our app or the features , services and interfaces our app provide. We are not responsible for and are not obligated to control the actions of our users or other third parties.
Limitation of Liability
- Cove Identity in no event is liable for any lost profits, revenues, or business opportunities, loss of use, loss of data, loss of confidential or other information, business interruption and any other direct, indirect, special, incidental, criminal, subsequent or consequential damages whatsoever, whether based on usage of app or otherwise.
- Cove Identity will not be held responsible to you or any other person to perform or any delay in the performance of the app due to fire, war, riot, strike, explosion, lock-out, injunction, natural disaster, interruption of transportation, acts of war, terrorism, labour disputes, acts of civil or military authority, power blackouts, or any other event beyond Cove’s reasonable control.
- You shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless Cove Identity and its employees, affiliates, and agents from and against any and all claims, damages, losses, liabilities, suits, actions, demands, proceedings (whether legal or administrative) and expenses (including without limitations, reasonable attorneys’ fees) arising from it related to:
- Any breach of these terms by you,
- Any infringement of protected content by you,
- Any fraud or manipulation by you,
- Any claims of credit card fraud based on any information released by you,
- You agree that you will cooperate as fully as required by us in the defense or settlement of any claim.
Dispute Resolution and Arbitration
- Let’s try and resolve your dispute without needing a formal legal case. You agree that before filing a claim against Cove Identity, you shall try to resolve the dispute informally by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- These Terms are governed by the laws of India. Any dispute arising from, or related to, these terms shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the High Court of Haryana & Punjab.
Termination of Service
- We may discontinue some or all features and support certain devices and platforms, at any time. Incidents like Natural calamity and other unpredictable events which are beyond our control may affect our services.
- We may modify, suspend, or terminate your access to or use of our services anytime for any reason, such as if you violate our Terms of Service or harm our users or others.
- Our dedicated team is focused on building and improving our services and the application. In case of any question or feedback, let us know by sending an email to email@example.com